This course is available for organisations to commission rather than for individuals. It is a two day learning programme that will provide the foundations for assessment of one-to-one work with clients and customers. It directly addresses Unit 3 of OCR, Interview clients to determine their need for career information, advice and guidance, and Unit 10, Explore and agree how to meet the career-related needs of the client. It also contributes to Unit 5, Career choice theories and concepts.
To provide the understanding and skills required to conduct effective careers information and advice sessions with clients/ customers.
By the end of the two days delegates will be able to:
- Explain the interview skills required to establish client career information, advice and guidance needs
- Explain how to tailor the interview to suit the client’s requirements
- Discuss with clients their expectations of the interview
- Tailor communication to meet the needs of individual clients
- Question clients to establish their career information, advice and guidance needs
- Listen to and reflect back client responses
- Agree with clients their career information, advice and guidance requirements and how these will be met,
- Record the outcomes of careers information, advice and guidance interviews
- Evaluate techniques to explore the career-related needs of clients
- Agree the objectives and content of action plans to meet career-related needs
- Evaluate ways to enable clients to develop decision-making skills
- Evaluate ways to enable clients to develop self awareness
- Analyse methods use to motivate clients
Anyone undertaking QCF4 or in an information and advice role who require skill development
Overview of the 2 days
Day 2 (separated by 1-2 weeks to allow for practice in between)
“Liane’s delivery was not just informative but full of passion and feeling – she has inspired me to develop some new resources and revamp some old ones”,Charlotte Higgins, Derbyshire CC.
“ Relevant and engaging – brilliant style and range of learning methods”,Lindsay Hewitt, Derbyshire CC
“Interesting, fun and learnt lots”,Craig Longmore, Derbyshire CC
“Increased my knowledge and confidence – really interesting”T Hirst, Derbyshire CC
“Clear and reassuring – Liane understood each person in the group and tailored sessions around us – I felt listened to”.Penelope Walker, Futures Advice, Skills and Employment