This one day master class will explore the relationship between advice, guidance and coaching, and develop a basic understanding of the structure, skills and creative techniques used in one-to-one work.
To provide an introduction to careers advice, guidance and coaching.
By the end of the day delegates will be able to:
- Clarify the relationship between information, advice, guidance and coaching
- Evaluate their practice in the light of a three stage model
- Explain how to contract effectively for one-to-one work
- Use reflective statements to demonstrate listening and challenge
- Identify pertinent questions that are used to explore and individual career management needs
- Evaluate their toolkit for addressing career management needs
The programme is designed for those how might have experience but little formal training in career guidance and coaching.
Overview of the day
|9.30||Welcome and introductions|
|11.15||A three stage model